I saw the last
Oprah Winfrey show on television. People cried their eyes out. So many
touching testimonials, so many people confessing their deep gratitude for
everything they learned over the 25 years of the show. It seems trivial, I've
already read a cynical comment about her and her last show. Someone
pejoratively compared it to a TV self-help version. Being a
psychotherapist of rigorous training I must say that I do not agree with this.
I don't watch
much TV, but a good friend of mine, a very talented journalist, told me a
few things about Oprah Winfrey’ personality and her adventures in Africa and in
the poor regions of the USA that first intrigued me and soon made me watch
Oprah’s show in a Brazilian channel.
Since then I admire among her amazing character
qualities, her tireless calling for authenticity, the calling of the guts to be
oneself, to be who we are. The calling for everyone, men and women, whites and
blacks, to live the freedom and in search for what makes them happy and
fulfilled.
Both on the TV show and in her magazine, Oprah
constantly points out the importance of the choices we (do) on every
moment of our lives. She talks about the need to look within ourselves
with courage and lucidity, but never forgetting that Dasein is a being-in-the world, and so always along with the
other. No human experience can exclude the existence of the other: this
is an ontological truth, which means that it is common to and inherent,
constitutional to all beings.
Isn't it amazing that Martin
Heidegger wrote about this early on the 20th century and that today we
can "find it" in Oprah Winfrey’s sayings?
I’m pround of finding out that concepts,
proposals, criticisms, reflections, thoughts and values – so many times
reaffirmed by philosophers, psychiatrists and psychologists fundamental in my
training as a psychotherapist – are disclosed by popular people ( popular in
the sense of their acceptance by millions of people, such as Oprah Winfrey) and
by far strands of thought and faith (far, placing us as references ...) as
Tibetan Buddhism. This gives me a very special universal experience of sharing this
with no borders of time, geography, language or culture. It feels peaceful
and joyful to me.
Anyway, I wanted to write about two subjects that I’m
fond of: the weltanschauung (vision of the world) grounded in the
existential philosophy and the possibility of finding its truths in such
distinct languages, as in a media artist or in a very admired religious and
political leader.
Dasein é a expressão usada de modo muito próprio
pelo filósofo alemão Martin Heidegger. Designa uma especificidade do ser
humano:ele é o ser-aí (Da-sein), presente, no mundo.

Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário